While monetary support is always needed, Durand regularly requires and greatly appreciates the wonderful commitment of our many volunteers who provide their time and service to our various programs. We are a very caring community and welcome all who can volunteer to help us support special needs individuals throughout South Jersey. Here are comments from some of our volunteers:
- “I get joy from helping to raise money that goes to people who need services. We are a team at Durand, a joyful team, and we all work together for the same reason, to help others.”
Jim Adair, Board Member, The Durand Foundation
- “I like volunteering for Durand because it has given me the opportunity to meet many dedicated people who go out of their way to assist the clients.”
Sheila Lantelme, Board Member, Durand
- “I chose Durand after I read an article about all the wonderful things the organization provides. My admiration for the patience and empathy of the staff knows no bounds.”
Brittany DeMore, Thrift Store Volunteer
- “It’s easy for me to be passionate about Durand because you see results in the people they are for everyday, helping them to achieve their true potential.”
George Hutchinson III, Hutchinson Business Solutions LLC
- “It not only gives me great pleasure, but it is an honor to do volunteer work for Durand and see the accomplishments that have been achieved by this wonderful and dedicated group of Durand team players. I also love the fact, that in some small way, I might be helping those who are in need.”
Sally Fish, Retired, Lockheed Martin
What is the time commitment for volunteering with Durand?
On average, volunteers serve about 4 hours a week. However, time commitments can vary depending upon the area or program in which you are involved.
What is the minimum age to become a volunteer?
The majority of our volunteers are over 18. We also welcome teens, 16 and up, and place them on projects on a case by case basis.
What opportunities exist for volunteers?
Our volunteer program offers a wide variety of opportunities including:
- Support at special events
- Assisting in the Thrift Shop
- Administrative help
- Donating professional services (for example: graphic design, legal services)
- Internship opportunities and more!
What is the process for becoming a volunteer?
- The first step towards becoming a Durand volunteer is to review our website. We want to ensure that your needs as a volunteer are consistent with the opportunities here at Durand.
- Fill out our online application form and submit to Human Resources at email@example.com.
- If you prefer to print out a PDF application form click here. Mail the completed form to Human Resources, Durand, 111 Gaither Drive, Suite 101, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054.
- After we receive your application, we’ll contact you to schedule an interview.
- During your interview we’ll discuss your areas of interest. You’ll be able to sign up for an opportunity if there is currently one available.
Where are your offices located?
- Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
- Deptford, New Jersey